Orca’s proud to have an ad in The Globe and Mail‘s “The Globe 100” issue spotlighting the best books of 2020—on stands tomorrow, Saturday, December 5th!
We wanted to encourage people to support Canadian booksellers, authors, illustrators and publishers while gift-shopping this holiday season, and we hope the message is one that many take to heart.
Our message in the ad: DON’T STOP THINKING ABOUT TOMORROW. We get to decide what our neighbourhoods will look like when we can see each other in-person again. This gift-giving season, let’s use our purchasing agency in support of Canadian booksellers, authors, illustrators and publishers, so that we can continue to share wonderful stories, fuel vibrant communities and teach future generations about the power of words and actions.
- When We Are Kind by Monique Gray Smith, illustrated by Nicole Neidhardt
- We Wear Masks by Marla Lesage
- The One with the Scraggly Beard by Elizabeth Withey, illustrated by Lynn Scurfield
- My Body My Choice: The Fight for Abortion Rights by Robin Stevenson
- You Hold Me Up by Monique Gray Smith, illustrated by Danielle Daniel
- Return from Extinction: The Triumph of the Elephant Seal by Linda L. Richards
- One Earth: People of Color Protecting Our Planet by Anuradha Rao
- Inconvenient Skin / nayêhtâwan wasakay by Shane L. Koyczan (Theytus Books)