There’s a whole watery world beneath the surface of the sea. To begin deep sea explorations with your little ones, try this make-your-own aquarium craft found on hello, Wonderful.
What you’ll need:
1. Mason jars
2. Blue food coloring
3. Filtered water (tap water tends to give a cloudier look)
4. Aquarium plastic figurines
5. Aquarium rocks and plastic plants (you can buy these at any fish or pet stores)
6. Blue and white glitter (optional)
7. Glycerin (optional – this makes the glitter move more slowly when you shake the jar)
Now, once you have your aquariums built, your glimpse-beneath-the-surface, learn more about the creatures who call the ocean home with our board book Sea Otter Pup. Follow along as Pup learns how to eat spiky sea urchins, somersault beneath the waves and groom himself. He still needs lots of help from Mother, but one day Pup will be old enough to dive down below the waves and search for food on his own.