Did you miss the #Orca12DaysOfChristmas gift guides on our social media channels? Are you still looking for the perfect presents to give to any young book lovers in your life this holiday season? Catch up on all our themed recommendations below!
You can learn more about each title on our website and look for them at your favourite bookstores and e-book retailers.
And make sure to follow Orca on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date with our latest releases, giveaways and much more!
Day 1: Books for ORCA LOVERS!
- Orcas Everywhere by Mark Leiren-Young
- Orcas of the Salish Sea by Mark Leiren-Young
- High and Dry by Eric Walters
- On the Rocks by Eric Walters
Day 2: Books for YOUNG ENVIRONMENTALISTS!
- Great Bear Rainforest: A Giant-Screen Adventure in the Land of the Spirit Bear by Ian McAllister, Alex Van Tol
- One Earth: People of Color Protecting Our Planet by Anuradha Rao
- If a Tree Falls: The Global Impact of Deforestation by Nikki Tate
Day 3: Books for YOUNG SOCIAL ACTIVISTS!
- The Justice Project by Michael Betcherman
- Who is Tanksy? by Bev Katz Rosenbaum
- Heads Up: Changing Minds on Mental Health by Melanie Siebert, illustrated by Belle Wuthrich
- My Body My Choice: The Fight for Abortion Rights by Robin Stevenson
- Pride: The Celebration and the Struggle by Robin Stevenson
Day 4: Books for YOUNG CONSERVATIONISTS!
- Bird’s-Eye View: Keeping Wild Birds in Flight by Ann Eriksson
- Gone is Gone: Wildlife Under Threat by Isabelle Groc
- Sea Otters: A Survival Story by Isabelle Groc
- Return From Extinction: The Triumph of the Elephant Seal by Linda L. Richards
Day 5: Gifts for PICTURE BOOK LOVERS!
- Once Upon an Hour by Ann Yu-Kyung Choi, illustrated by Soyeon Kim
- Slow Moe by Deborah Kerbel, illustrated by Marianne Ferrer
- When We Are Kind / Nihá’ádaahwiinít’íįgo by Monique Gray Smith, illustrated by Nicole Neidhardt, translated by Mildred Waters
- The One with the Scraggly Beard by Elizabeth Withey, illustrated by Lynn Scurfield
Day 6: Books for MYSTERY LOVERS!
- Blood Ties by Barbara Fradkin
- Blood Sport by Tash McAdam
- Stranded by Jocelyn Shipley
- Never Going Back by Sam Wiebe
Day 7: Books for MIDDLE GRADE READERS!
- Nevers by Sara Cassidy
- Jelly Roll by Mere Joyce
- Fish Out of Water by Joanne Levy
- The King of Jam Sandwiches by Eric Walters
Day 8: Gifts for COMIC BOOK LOVERS!
- Shadow Island (Sueño Bay Adventures #1) by Mike Deas and Nancy Deas
- The Monster Sisters and The Mystery of the Unlocked Cave by Gareth Gaudin
- Meg and Greg: A Duck in a Sock by Elspeth Rae and Rowena Rae
- Meg and Greg: Frank and the Skunk by Elspeth Rae and Rowena Rae
Day 9: Books for SCIENCE LOVERS!
- How to Become an Accidental Genius by Elizabeth MacLeod and Frieda Wishinsky, illustrated by Jenn Playford
- Rock Mammoth by Eveline Payette, illustrated by Guillaume Perreault, translated by Karen Simon
- Chemical World: Science in Our Daily Lives by Rowena Rae
- Little Cloud by Johanna Wagstaffe, illustrated by Julie McLaughlin
Day 10: Books for YOUNG THRILL SEEKERS!
- Watch Out by Alison Hughes
- Death Drop by Melanie Jackson
- Tales from Beyond the Brain by Jeff Szpirglas, illustrated by Steven P. Hughes
- Tales from the Fringes of Fear by Jeff Szpirglas, illustrated by Steven P. Hughes
Day 11: Books for BABY ANIMAL LOVERS!
- Big Whales, Small World by Mark Leiren-Young
- Babies of the Great Bear Rainforest by Ian McAllister
- Little Duck by Britta Teckentrup
- Little Owl by Britta Teckentrup
Day 12: Gifts for YA BOOK LOVERS!
- Double or Nothing by Brooke Carter
- Dreaming in Color by Melanie Florence
- Hey Jude by Star Spider
- Heart Sister by Michael F. Stewart
- The World on Either Side by Diane Terrana