In response to near-total abortion bans being passed or proposed in Alabama, Georgia and Missouri recently, we are taking action to support the right to safe, legal and accessible abortions for everyone.
Until this Memorial Day, May 27, 2019, we are donating 10% of the sales from My Body My Choice: The Fight for Abortion Rights by Robin Stevenson to the Abortion Rights Coalition of Canada and the National Network of Abortion Funds.
We’re also giving away 20 copies each of My Body My Choice: The Fight for Abortion Rights and I Am a Feminist: Claiming the F-Word in Turbulent Times by Monique Polak to support people who are part of the pro-choice movement, or who are looking for more information to get started. Head over to our Instagram and Twitter pages to be entered for the chance to receive a free copy of each.
Called “required reading for every gender” in a starred review from Booklist and “the book I wish I had as a teen before, during and after my abortion” by Renee Bracey Sherman, a prominent abortion activist, My Body My Choice is a resource that we hope will empower teens to take action and let them know they are not alone.
Looking for ways you can help fight for abortion rights?
- Buy a classroom set of My Body My Choice or I Am a Feminist and give them to a school in your community.
- Donate to the Abortion Rights Coalition of Canada or the National Network of Abortion Funds.
- Follow pro-choice organizations and abortion activists on social media, such as the ones below:
- Comics for Choice (@comicsforchoice on Twitter)
- Echoing Ida (@EchoingIda on Twitter)
- Guttmacher Institute (@Guttmacher on Twitter)
- Marie Stopes International (@MarieStopes on Twitter and @mariestopes on Instagram)
- National Abortion Federation (@NatAbortionFed on Twitter)
- Planned Parenthood (@PPFA on Twitter and @plannedparenthood on Instagram)
- Renee Bracey Sherman (@RBraceySherman on Twitter and @reneebraceysherman on Instagram)
- Robin Stevenson (@robin_stevenson on Twitter and @robinstevensonwrites on Instagram)
- Women on Waves (@WomenOnWaves_ on Twitter)
- Speak out on social media and use relevant hashtags to help get your message heard:
- Share the two images above on social media, your school newsletter or with other members of your community.
- Talk to your students, classmates, families, friends and community members about the importance of this issue.
- Reach out to your local representatives and ask them how they are protecting abortion rights in your community.
We truly believe that education will light the way for change and we thank you for your interest in this important issue.